Saturday, January 29, 2005

Mahalo!

Sorry it has been a few days since I've updated this thing. It means I'm having fun, right? :) I'll give you a quick rundown of Thursday and Friday...

Thursday I had classes from 8 until 12:30, but I skipped my Statistics class from 11-12:30 because I wanted to go to the beach! So I came home, ate lunch and laid on the beach until work at 4. Yeah, work at Cold Stone Creamery. That place is weird! They train you in like a million different things, acting like you're doing the most important work in the world. They expect you to memorize all these ice cream combinations and what exact words to use with the customers...and I'm getting paid less than I did at Stuart Housekeeping! I am scheduled to work again on Sunday at 1, but I'm thinking of just quitting before then. I mean, if worse comes to worse, I can always get a job at Abercrombie stocking clothes. It's 8$ an hour and less demanding!

Anyway, enough boring talk! I talked with the roomies a little, and I talked to Mike for a LONG time on Thursday night. :) It was awesome and made me so happy and thankful! Oh, and I might be changing my major...so yay! (::more about that later::)

Friday, I had only one class - from 1 till 2. I gave a speech on how to do laundry. I prepared for 2 minutes. Such a good student. Then I talked to E and Kat and some other people online...Before stopping by St. Augustines. Then I went to Waikiki beach around 6 to call my family and watch the sun set. It was pretty cloudy so it wasn't all that beautiful. My mom was good, it's nice to hear them all. I miss them SO much less this semester than I ever have before. I've only talked to my family 2 times in 3 weeks. I told my mom I think I'm going to be a vegetarian and she said "Am I supposed to be surprised?" Yeah, I guess I've kind of hated meat since I was like 12, so it's not that weird. Got to talk to Mel and Emmie and Anth too. I love those kids. They are sooo growing up though! Then I went to 24Fitness and worked out really hard. It felt good!

We went to Date Street last night...We played Uno. Then around 12, everyone was getting bored and tired, so Vicky, Rachel, Mike Nice and I headed down to Waikiki. We just walked along the main strip and saw some sweet stuff. Like these guys freestlying and playing drums. And a sax player. And some gay guys who were drunk and funny. And we sang "Happy Birthday" to a guy at the Cheesecake Factory. We were hungry around 2, so we found a Dennys and ate some food. It was a fun night! We got back after 3, and I didn't really want to ride home alone that late, so I just slept in Vicky's room. Thanks, Vicky!!

Now we're going to go to North Shore with the Chaminade Camping Club. I'll tell you more about it when I come home!

1 comment:

Nadiah said...

Hi Ash!

When you come down here in May, we should look for vegetarian restaurants!

xx