Monday, February 19, 2007

A Slushy, Achy Day

First of all - I feel SO vindicated about watching Beauty and the Geek yesterday before Mass (a marathon was on MTV all day) - the priest began his homily by telling how he was snowed in and ended up watching Beauty and the Geek!! He connected the idea of the show to religion by explaining that our actions must not only be favorable to God but also those individuals around us. There was a twist in the final show wherein the contestants were judged by the former beauties and geeks, a la Survivor. Needless to say, I was cracking up laughing in the pew and went up to talk to Father Satish about it afterwards.

My car is still stuck in the snow! It was 40 degrees today, so I thought I'd be able to squeeze right out of the slushy snow. Uh-uh. After attempting to break up the snow with a broom handle (hey, we're in college and shovels cost money, people!) my roommate scrounged up a board to place under the stuck tire. After breaking the board three times, we gave up and I called a coworker to get a ride to work.

In future news, I learned all about my benefits/salary for the job offer I might accept for next year. It was totally exciting. I also got to talk to fiance Michael a bit this morning. It feels odd to be so far away. Because, like, I forget what it's like to be around him. Does that make sense? I don't know, it just seems like so long since we've been together and relaxed and...Long distance is for losers! So there.

Well, I have a test tomorrow. Haven't cracked the book. Haven't looked at the study guide. Hello, senioritis.

No comments: