Thursday, April 12, 2007

Answering Questions...the future and shopping

This morning I took a mini-retreat and skipped two classes. I went to the house where I'm house sitting, took a bath, journaled, did the laundry, took a nap in a wonderful bed, made coffee, and watched The View. It was an amazing morning, and it was nice to have some much needed space and time to myself.

...and continuing with the questions.

2. What is one thing in the coming months to which you are looking forward?

Oh wow. Well, I will be graduating in TWENTY FOUR days, and getting married in 4 months -- so it's safe to say the next few months will be a time of total change. I will be moving out of this house where I have lived for 2 years, leaving the school where I have attended the longest (previous record was three years), getting a real full time (?) job, and moving in with a boy! Having a wedding where 250 people watch me walk down the aisle!! Oh crap, this is making me all anxious.

Most of all, I am looking forward to knowing what happens next. At this point, the future is quite unclear - we're not sure where we'll be and grad schools haven't gotten back to us. So certainty and beginning a bit more stable life will be wonderful. :)

3. What is your most hated thing for which to shop?

Anything at the mall. Honestly, I have really come to dislike the mall because it is overflowing with young teens who are decked out in Abercrombie and are desperately attempting to draw the attractions of the opposite sex. It's all a little depressing and disturbingly shallow - consumerism and capitalism as a whole are really present in my consciousness lately as troublesome institutions. So I guess I don't much like to shop for anything, especially when my money supply is unquestionably scant. :) Groceries are pretty much my weakness. Trader Joe's makes me weak in the knees. Social responsibility AND healthy choices, gotta love it. I feel like that was an incredibly cynical and pessimistic answer. Sorry! :)

Well, that's all I've got for tonight. The other two questions should be coming soon. I'm heading up to Akron for a few days -- so peace out!

No comments: